Saturday, May 31, 2008

Meet the Transformers!

Nick just finished up his soccer season with his team- 'The Transformers!'  It was so fun to watch him play this year- also very funny!  The very first game, Nate and I were kind of loud, telling Nick to 'get the ball,' or whatever.  I found that my throat actually was a little sore afterward!  Yeah, I know, why was I so involved?!    I asked Nick if he could hear us yelling.  He said "yes" and told me that "it was so annoying!"  So, after that, we did not yell at any of the games!  Just quietly encouraged from the sidelines. 

 

Ward Campout, aaron's B-Day 039Ward Campout, aaron's B-Day 060

It seemed that if the goal posts could have been just a little bit to the left, the Transformers would have made quite a few more goals.  The Transformers seemed to tower above all the other teams and at times had to 'let' the other team have a turn with the ball.  Nick was great at getting the ball and taking all the way down the field.  Nick was usually found behind the team, hanging out, waiting for the other team to kick the ball toward their goal.  Nick was there to stop it and kick it back to his side!  He did a great job and it was a fun year!

 

    Nick and his coach!                    

Ward Campout, aaron's B-Day 077 Ward Campout, aaron's B-Day 078

2 comments:

Kassie said...

Ha/Ha I'm so glad you are one of those loud moms too!

rachel said...

The picture of the team is so dang cute! I might just have to steal it!