Saturday, November 17, 2007

the JOY of music

I have been meaning to post this before now because it means so much to me!  My mother in-law called me a couple weeks ago and asked if I wanted one of her pianos!  I don't know if I was hormonal, or just experiencing such shock and excitement, but I started crying immediately and couldn't respond!  She asked again- "do you want it?"   I got a  "yes" out and a "thank-you!" and couldn't say much more!   We went and picked it up that night, and with the help of many kind souls, we got it into the living room and I have looked at it with Joy and Gratitude ever since.  THANK YOU LINDA!  WE LOVE YOU!!

We have all spent time playing and singing and it is so nice to have the sound of music around the house again.  I love it.  I have love playing late into the night as the kids are sound asleep.  Nick picked out "Listen, Listen" on his own the other day!  If you come to the door at just the right time, you might be unlucky enough to hear Nate and I belting out Phantom of The Opera.  Yep, we sing love songs to eachother while I play.  I can't say it is that romantic because we don't sound all that good, but Nate would make a great PHANTOM! 

5th-8th 050

I also have to tell my Mom and Dad THANK-YOU for giving me Piano Lessons.  I am thankful to have the gift of music in my life! LOVE YOU BOTH!!

4 comments:

suzanne campbell said...

Wow that is awesome. My sister gave me her piano when she moved to california and I too am so glad that I play I wish I had taken lessons longer. I just wish my children appreciated their lessons. It is my one thing to make them do. love Suzanne

britmellen said...

Wow, Katie! you are so lucky. I'd do anything to upgrade from Kawasaki keyboard to real piano! Maybe I'll just come play on yours--we can do some duets again. :)

Love you!

Nancy Zundel said...

I am so jealous Katie! I want a piano...Someday I guess! You are way lucky to have the talent to play too. Even though you always get those callings at church! :) Your just too good at it! :)

Anonymous said...

That is one of the best gifts to receive! Especially when you have your talent. I love having music in my house. It can make all the difference in the world! Have fun playing and I do hope I come to the door at the wrong time.