Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Birds and the Bees! Yep allready!!

Last night as I was trying to have a nice conversation around the dinner table with my kids, Nick asked me when my tummy was going to get big again! He told me that he is lucky to have a brother and sister but Natalie doesn't have a sister and it's not fair. He told me that next October would be a good time for my tummy to be big again. How old is Nick you ask- yep- he is five now and I guess he wants to be involved in this big decision! Little does he know what a big step it will be to have my tummy get big again- but yes, I will do it someday. So anyway, his next question was " how do you get pregnant mom?" HMMMMM,what to tell a 5 year old. I told him it takes a mommy and a daddy. He said, "but how? Is is from HUGGING?" I couldn't say yes because I didn't want him thinking that next time Nate and I "hug" that I am going to 'get a big tummy!' I told him I would tell him when he gets older which only made him more persistent. Sooo, what do you tell a 5 year old I ask you?!! I told him that Heavenly Father puts a baby in my tummy and somehow that satisfied for now. So hopefully this question doesn't come up again until he is quite a bit older, because I haven't prepared myself for this conversation yet. I swear it was just barely that I had this discussion with my own parents

7 comments:

suzanne campbell said...

katie this is so weird but I am so computer illiterate. I can't read the blog because it is in yellow. then when I ckicked on the comments I could read it. I also registered on photobucket like your mom told me too. I am excited to read everything. Your children are os beautiful I am not suprised. love suzanne

Jacy said...

Oh man, I feel for you! I wouldn't even know how to answer that! I guess I better come up with an answer before that time comes. Maybe parents.com or one of those places has a good way to approach this subject. Good luck with future questions.

Elena said...

Wait until you are pregnant and they are old enough to use their heads. I tell my little ones that when a dad and mom love eachother a lot and Heavenly Father is ready for them to have a baby, he makes one. Scott asked how my baby will get out. I said that we go to the hospital and I work hard and the doctor works hard and we both get it out. Next he'll ask where it comes out - step by step he'll get the idea. Ben's going to get the whole talk pretty soon. We're gearing up for it.

Fackrell Fam said...

Katie, good answer! I will have to keep that in mind whenever that conversation comes up with Riley! Excited to see you tomorrow! Be prepared to make some cute looking bows!

TC Jolley said...

Oh man... I'm terrified! I think I'll steal your answer for now :)

tiffany marie said...

tell him he's out of your will if he keeps asking.

Breezy said...

TAG! Katie, check out my blog for more into, see tag #3
love ya!
P.S I cannot read your blog either I can tell that the font is yellowish but that's all.