Saturday, September 1, 2007

I'm Calling the Sharks!

My sweet little Mckay called the SHARKS on me! I don't know if we have watched one too many Discovery Channel shark shows , or Nate's story telling has gotten a little out of control. Nate has been known to tell some pretty crazy stories when he puts the kids to bed. He has told about TROLLS, magical reindeer, smorks, wizards- of all colors, unicorns, chinchillas with beady eyes, lions, tigers, and monkeys that scratch your back and "kill you dead" (as Mckay puts it!). When Mckay is in trouble he asks us if we are going to call the MONKEYS. He is a little freaked out by it. The lions, tigers, trolls and smorks don't seem to bother him, but the monkeys send some fear in him! Ok- so it does sound like some form of child abuse telling him about something that will "kill you dead." I don't use it as a threat and when he asks if we are going to call the monkeys I say "no." (maybe once I said "yes"!)
Yesterday after he had spent his 2 minutes in TIME-OUT, he was upset with me and told me he was "calling the Sharks to come bite my head off!" He went and got my cell phone and pretended to talk to the "sharks" and told me they were coming in five minutes to
"bite my HEAD off!" He even went outside to then wait for the sharks to come! LOL!! What a little stinker with a good imagination. Maybe we need to tone the story telling down a bit-Nate!! Love you!!

4 comments:

TC Jolley said...

Haha! Sounds like my boys! I love the fantasy threats!

Anonymous said...

I hope you have recorded Nate telling his stories to the kids. That would be so fun to watch when the kids are older. I loved all your posts! Such funny stories. I can't believe the boys have lasted this long without light sabers. Finally remembered to put your link on my blog. Now I just have to update it!

Ashley K. said...

HILARIOUS!!! Mike tells stories about Jasmine, Ariel, Belle, Sleeping Beauty... I can't wait for Davis to get older! We will see how the stories change...

Kate said...

I just read this post and couldn't stop laughing. I love our little turkey-lurkey's. Oh, yeah - be sure to get an update on the latest threat in town, as told by yours truly at bed time tonight.

Love ya - Nate