Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Vacuuming? Who would have thought!

So today I had a breakthrough- I guess my husband would call it that. He is very excited about this breakthrough too! I discovered that I love to vacuum and should do it more than once a week. A couple of years ago, my vacuum died after a Kirby salesman had me dump baking soda on my carpet and see how well my vacuum sucked it up, compared to his. It started smoking and burning as I was sucking- it had no problems before this. Beware of Kirby Vacuum Salesman! So Nate went out and surprised me on day with a Walmart Special!! Thanks BABE! It is now on it's way out too! So if any of you have suggestions on a vacuum that you love- let me know. It does make some good loud noise though. Which is why I love it! Here are the reasons why:
1. The kids are a little freaked out by the loud noise and tend to stay away from it.
2. I can't hear anything besides the vacuum ie. kids, telephone, TV.
3. My mind thinks clearly with the loud noise. (It is like Nate explaining to me that he loves to work while some heavy metal song is blasting in his headphones.) I have a chance to just think about whatever I want- a new scrapbook layout, blog idea, what to cook for dinner, how to be a better mother, wife, etc.
4. When I am finished vacuuming, the entire house appears clean. I have to clean each room as I go and usually put things where they go. I do leave the vacuum on while I do pick up each room- just for the NOISE I guess!!

Throughout my vacuuming years, I have figured out is not all about how fast you can make each room have straight lines, but how slow you can do it. It does suction better, and it makes my 'ME' time last a lot longer too!

I have to post this cute picture of Natalie too! I love her little Leg Warmers and so does she!


13 comments:

Fackrell Fam said...

WOW-I can't believe that we both made a posting about vaccuming on the same exact day--it's like you said, great minds think alike! Who would ever have thought when we were in High School that we would be talking about vaccuming when we were older? Kind of funny! Anyway, this is the last week that the Dyson is on Clearance at Target. STill kind of pricey, but worth every penny in my opinion! We really do need to get together! Even if we made bows again, I would love that! Email me over your schedule for next week and we can do something at my house with Britta next week! Happy cleaning and searching for a new vaccum!!

Lindz said...

I am so jealous of your relaxing vaccuming experiences...how nice that your kiddos run away and give you some "alone" time! I wouldn't know about that...Ayden chases the vaccum around making it not so fun or productive! =)

Beckstead Gang said...

I agree Katie! One of the best house chores would be vacuuming! We bought the Dyson 2 years ago, and have LOVED it every minute! We got ours at Costco though- I dont know how much better of a deal it is against Targets Sale. Its worth EVERY PENNY! You will LOVE to Vacuum even more once you get it. Come try mine out sometime! :) Haha... Look at us "old wives"... getting excited about vacuumes.

Lindz said...

i love your new page...so fun for valentine's! its so funny how we keep buying the same kits!! =)

Camille said...

My sister Brooke bought the Kirby years ago. I think she loves it, and I have liked it when I've used it...but I am also very intrigued by the Dyson...maybe because that man on the commercials has an accent....Good luck. I'd like to hear about what you end up choosing.

Melissa said...

Ok, how adorable is Natalie in those leg warmers!!
Kirby, oh my. Mememories of those poor guys trying to sell those things door to door. My mother bought one for $800., horrible deal with Kirby. Not a good choice.
I love your post. I am a clean freak and I love when my floors smell like pine and my area rugs are spotless clean, aka no toys laying around. I have a central Vac, it worked wonders for years, it's starting to act tired. Maybe I over did it when Nathanael had colic, I would let it sit there and run for 3-5 hours straght. It was the only thing that helped him, while I the mother sway with him. I believe your spot on with the noise of the vac, it does do something for us. It clears the mind in a sort of funky but good way.
The beach weather only lasted two days, back to normal temps. I can't wait to get out of this bed, feeling a smidge better. Soon!!
I have to send Mr. Wonderful to Target to ck out the Dyson.

Love the new new look, your so talented.

Ashley K. said...

I too love yo vacuum with my Dyson... only when my Roomba "Maria" is broken...

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cameron and Michelle said...

where did you get the cute leg warmers? I have heard tonz of good things about theh Dyson. I love the central vac! Good Luck

Anonymous said...

Love the leg warmers! I like vacuuming more than laundry, even though I am disgusted at how much dust is in the canister afterwards!
Glad it makes you so happy.

AOKI CIRCUS said...

You and my husband would get along perfectly. He LOVES to vacuum but maybe that's because he loves to tune me out...hmmmm. He loves his windtunnel vacuum by Hoover because you can see what you pick up in every room and he still shares his findings to this day with me after every room in the house - it's gross. He has a great vacuum dr too - he is passionate about this vacuuming thing. I've never really been that into it, but I appreciate those that are!
Ashley

Lac said...

I'm all about a Dyson. I love to vacuum at least twice a day. I've got this weird obsession. If I don't see the lines in the carpet I feel like my house is dirty. It's ridiculous I know, but I just like to feel like my carpet is clean. I mean come on, my carpet, or anyone's carpet is not clean, it's a germ infestation and it's really disgusting. But it gives me peace of mind to know that it looks like it's clean! Happy Vacuum hunting!

Lacie Moto

Cherie (mom) said...

Hey darlin, who would have guessed you would love vaccuuming so much? Too bad it didn't start a little earlier like when you lived at home.I do like your way of thinking though. It's a wise man(woman) who likes what he Has to do. I know you are going to be shocked to see that I commented but oh well, miracles have not ceased!!! Love, Mom