Friday, December 21, 2007

The Little Shepherd Girl


This week for family night we were reading this cute Christmas book, 'The Little Shepherd Girl." It is a sweet little story about a girl who wants to be a shepherd with her daddy and brother and the night that she gets to, the Savior is born. As we were trying to read and Mckay and Natalie were being a little crazy, we got to the part where she finds baby Jesus. I love how the book portrays the events and shows a close up of the little girl looking at the baby. It really reminds you that our Savior came into the world just like us. Nate and I both looked at each other and knew that we were feeling the spirit, and so was Nick. Amongst our other wild chillins', the spirit was there. Little Nicko said, "I wish I could see baby Jesus. I wish I was there." We talked about it for a minute how we were probably there as angels and rejoicing that our Savior was born! I am so grateful for the birth of our Savior and that we get to celebrate it this time of year.

No comments: