Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Cash Maxwell Delahunty

 Welcome Cash Maxwell Delahunty
Born January 17th, 2012 at 8:30pm
Weighing 8 pounds, 12 ounces
21 inches long

Cash decided it was time to come 2 weeks early!  I was so ready and soo big, so it was a good thing he was ready too! I had been contracting pretty good for a few days before, but nothing that was consistent.  Finally on the 17th, Dr. Smith called me and asked how I was doing.  I told him I was contracting and he told me to just go to the hospital.  When we got there around 4:30 that afternoon, I was already dilated to a 5.  They got me all hooked up and Dr. Smith came in and broke my water.  The contractions started getting really strong after that and the epidural couldn't come soon enough!  Once I got the epidural, I was feeling good!  I was about a 7, and Nate decided he was going to go get some dinner at Cafe Rio.  Right after he left, Dr. Smith came in to check me, and Cash was ready to come out!  We had to call Nate and tell him to quickly come back!  He was in line at the restaraunt and luckily made it back just in time!!  
I only had a to push a couple of times, and out he came!  There is nothing like that moment when a little baby comes into this world.  The feeling that comes into the room is amazing and something I will never forget.  I am so grateful to have been able to experience this 5 times! 


We couldn't decide on a name for this little guy for the first day.  In the end, we decided to name him Cash, after Nate's Grandpa Delahunty.  Grandpa Cash was named after a missionary who was from Cache County Utah who baptized his family in Ireland.  We finally decided on the middle name Maxwell after my Grandpa Blair, Max. 



After two days in the hospital, we were ready to go home!  Because Cash was a big baby, they had to keep an eye on his Blood Sugar levels.  Every 3 hours, they had to prick his little foot.  It was soooo sad!  I hated it!!  They wanted me to supplement with formula too and Cash wanted nothing to do with it.  I was a little stressed the entire time we were there!  The last time they were going to check his levels, I fed him straight formula and that made his levels shoot right up.  He has been fine ever since!

 
I just love his cheeks in this picture!

3 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

What a sweet little guy! We have to come and see him! I'm so sorry things have been crazy the last few weeks.

Ashley K. said...

What precious photos. Congrats Kate!

kate said...

Congrats you guys! So sweet!