Thursday, December 9, 2010

With Wondering Awe

To start off the Christmas season, we went to a live Nativity in Draper.  First of all, I forgot my camera!  These are pics from a different live Nativity, but they don't even come close to doing this one justice.  It was incredible!  As we got there and began to wait in line, we weren't sure we should stick it out.  It was freezing!  I had no clue we would have to wait in line for over an hour.  The kids were fighting, Olivia was screaming, and I forgot my gloves.  They had a few animals going around that the kids could pet and look at and some fires going to keep warm by.  I was so tempted to leave several times.  I am so glad we didn't!  As we got into Bethlehem, I immediately was in awe.  It was incredible how realistic it looked.  As we walked through we saw a carpenter and his son carving wood, a women weaving wool, a breadmaker, and then the donkey.  There was a man at the Inn telling us there was "no room."  And then we turned the corner and there lying in the manger was baby Jesus with Mary and Joseph.  The spirit was so strong as we all looked at this precious little family.  Baby Jesus was smiling and cooing and so peaceful as his parents looked at him with love and care.  It felt as if we had been there.  Even Olivia just stared at the sweet baby boy.  I am so grateful for this time of year as we remember our Savior's birth and how he was truly born for each of us individually.  I am grateful my kids were able to feel the warmth of the spirit as we watched this beautiful nativity.  
(the real camels and lamas were pretty cool too!)

3 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

That's prety cool I had no idea they did that!

The Kohler Family said...

Im a little jealous..we waited in line for about 15 minutes and my family was ready to leave. I tried so hard to get them to stay, but I lost the battle!

Kirsti said...

A few years back Andy and I were asked to be part of that nativity. It is one of my favorite Christmas memories. They really do a beautiful job.