Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Watering the Sheep


Nick asked me this morning why we have to always do the play on Christmas Eve where he waters the sheep??!! Hmmm, interesting. I guess all the years of acting out the nativity hasn't done so much for him. All I can think is that he must have been the shepherd last year and we kept him quiet by telling him to water the sheep!
Next, he asked if Grandpa was going to be Santa Claus again this year?! Hmmm, interesting. He told me that Grandpa is never around when Santa comes and that it must be him. I tried to let him know that Grandpa is always out with the reindeer, but who knows how long that is going to cover! I think there is an alternate plan this year since all the grandkids are getting older!

Later, Nick informed Nate and I that he had seen his Christmas present in the back of the truck the other day. The BIG Christmas present. GREAT!! SO, he waited a couple of days to tell me he saw it when Nate and I were trying to talk in "code" about where to put it. He could tell we were being a bit sneaky about things and said " I saw my present!" So we informed him that it was for the kids that we help every year and not for him. Is that lying? I guess we will have to wait and see what Santa brings. Good thing Santa isn't bringing much this year and mom and dad are filling in to help! IT doesn't totally ruin things. I guess we need to get better at our parenting skills.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Your kids are so darn cute!! Just let them keep wondering about Santa, I still tell J.D. Santa is real!! I bought J.D. a new IPod for christmas this year, last Saturday he went out and bought his own!! Be glad they can't buy there own yet!! I have never heard ChuckaRama be called Chunks before that is so FUNNY!!

Kelle said...

Beautiful family! I came across your blog from Britta's. We all need to get together!

Kassie said...

Katie,

Are you not doing KT Designs anymore? I need Christmas Cards and I have ideas.

Let me know.
kassieannie@aol.com

Naoma said...

Love that he remember watering the sheep.. That is funny. Bytheway did you get those tickets that I put in your mailbox? I tried to drop them off and should have called first casue you weren't home. Hope you got them!