Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving at Chunks!


When Nate went to take a picture of Mckay and I, Mckay put his arm around me and his cheek right up to mine- What a cute little man!!


We had a fun Thanksgiving this year that started out with eating at Chuck-A-Rama at 10:45 in the morning. Nate's family- 8 boys- love to go to Chunks for Thanksgiving every year. We have to miss out every other year- but this was an 'on' year- so we got to partake!! It was crazy busy, and definitely not your traditional Thanksgiving dinner, but the food was yummy. The kids were a little disappointed that they didn't have the usual mac and cheese, but the red jello squares helped satisfy their tummy's! I still can't believe how many other families besides ours that go to Chunks for Thanksgiving! I had Nate take a picture on our way out so we had proof of the line that forms out the door before noon!
We spent the rest of the day having a ping-pong tournament, sleeping, and making magnets! We then had "left-overs" that really weren't left overs but first timers (if that makes sense!), and I once again ate way too much! We had a great day and I am grateful for this holiday season!

I truly love this time of year. I am grateful we live close to our families that we can spend time with them often and that my kids get to play with cousins. I am grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and to have the knowledge of his life and death for each of us. I am grateful to have this time of year to focus on Him and the significance of His birth. I am grateful to be a mother and to have my sweet little children. I am grateful for our health and happiness! I truly feel that I have been blessed and I am so thankful for that.

2 comments:

Lindz said...

Sounds like a fun Thanksgiving! It's so fun to see pics of all you guys! Nat is getting so big...she always has the cutest little outfits!

Naoma said...

That is so funny... Me and my family went there once for Thanksgiving but going every other year.. wow, you sure were the cutest one there! You looked adorable!!!