Monday, November 10, 2008

Nick is 6!


Once again, two birthdays in 3 days. It has been a party at our house lately. It kind of feels like an early Christmas as we left the new toys out and let the kids have a good old time! Nick is such a crack up lately! He is so into making funny faces when I take his picture. I think the one when he opened his present is real- meaning not forced- I caught his excitement right on. Hilarious! Good black mail photo someday! But the other photos- definitely forced!
Nick and I went to Boondocks the morning of his birthday. It was fun to just be the two of us. He loved finding the games that gave the most tickets so in the end he had 200 tickets to buy some lame toys! No, he loved it!
That night he had wrestling practice and then we were off to Leatherby's! MMMMM!!! I spent many birthday celebrations there when I was younger. I was hoping he would be okay with ice cream for his cake so I didn't have to create another masterpiece and he went for it. So, we stuck candles in the ice cream and sang happy birthday there. While we were waiting for the ice cream, Nick was very hyper. He stould on his chair and loudly announced to the fellow ice cream eaters in the restaraunt the it was his birthday. "IT's my birthday!!!" Ohhh, to be 6 again! He ordered a banana split and ate the whole thing by himself.

When I think of having a 6 year old- that seems crazy to me. He is growing up and so much fun. He is loving kindergarten and doing really good with his reading. Nick is so creative and loves to create some pretty cool things! He is a great big brother and helps me out all the time. I love you Nick-o!!

13 comments:

Lourdes said...

Hi Katie, looks like Nick had a great time,the icecream looked so yummy. Happy B-day Nick

Naoma said...

Love the Funny faces and that icecream looks so YUMMY! Happy Birthday Nick!

Kirsti said...

Happy Birthday Nicko! For me Nick's birthday's always mark how long we've been married - I can't believe it's been six years!

Sam and Shauna said...

I love Mckay's sponge bob cake! You always do such creative things and they always taste delicious too. I am sad we missed the ice cream party for Nick's birthday. It looks like you had a lot of fun.

Brooke said...

I can't believe you have a 6 year old that is soo crazy!! He seems like such a little character! Happy B-Day Nick!

Tammy said...

Your Nick is 6 just wait before you know it he'll be 18...its mind blowing how fast the time flys..

rachel said...

Katie, you are such a cute Mom! Happy birthday to both Nick and Mckay! Birthdays are so much fun!

Kassie said...

Happy Birthday NICK!! That picture were he is just staring at that beautifully enormous bannana split is priceless!
I can't believe you have a six year old.

Kelly said...

Happy B-day Nick 6 is a great age to be!! Katie I would love for you to spice up my blog my e-mail is kellypeacock@comcast.net. My blog is threepeacocks.blogspot.com let me know what I can do. Enjoy those Birthdays they'll be teenagers all to soon
as nick would say
catch ya later (or is it nate)
There both cutie pie's

Kelly

Kelli said...

He is such a cutie! I just smile everytime I see him around :) Send him over to play anytime!
...Kelli...

Cindy said...

I laughed out loud at some of his expressions. Priceless!

britta said...

Happy birthday Nick! How did Sunday talks go?

Rachael said...

was it mckays birthday too? i would feel horrible if it was!!