Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Buy that KID?


I love it when my kids come and lay in bed with me. Usually, they want nothing to do with that and can only think one thing in the morning- CEREAL! Natalie's first words out of her mouth every morning are "Hi mommy, I want Cereal." Generally it takes me a minute to get up and generally the sweet little voice she uses slightly escalates until we are sitting in the kitchen with her cereal and Chocolate milk. Funny thing is that this is only round one of cereal with Natalie. We will sit there and talk while she drinks her milk, and barely touches the cereal. It usually gets soggy and then when the boys wake up, she is ready for round two! I am still trying to figure out how to get CEREAL out of her mind and focus it on something else.

Today, Nat and I were laying back in bed after round one and just playing around talking to Nate as he was getting ready for work. Mckay came in and was playing with us too. Somehow Mckay and Nat got in a little battle, and Mckay asked me "Why did we have to buy that kid?" I guess we still have some explaining to do for him! I have to say that I am grateful we made that purchase- and the two other purchases and they definitely are priceless! I am grateful to be a mommy today!

7 comments:

sinika said...

We have two rounds of breakfast too! But Ollie actually eats both of them... and then finishes what Elliott doesn't eat!!

britta said...

So cute! I miss you. Let's get together!

Ty and Mari said...

If only we could buy kids like at a pet store... i think it could be interesting!

Tammy said...

that is soooo funny!

britmellen said...

Too funny, Kate!

britmellen said...

P.S. Can you believe how cool our moms are? :)

Jacy said...

That's hilarious! Love it!