Thursday, August 14, 2008

When I have grown a foot or two!


Uncle Mckie left to go on his mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and will serve in Mexico! He will be at the MTC for 2 months where he will learn Spanish. And then he is off to teach the gospel. We are so excited for him. We took Nicholas down there with us to see what it would be like for him in 14 years. WHOA! I can't even imagine what that day will be like! It was a great experience to see Mckie off. It was an emotional good-bye for everybody, but a wonderful day too. Of course we all went and celebrated at Chuck-a-Rama (a Delahunty family tradition) afterward. MMMMmm! I love having a close family member out serving a mission again. It is so great to be able to pray for Uncle Mckie on his mission and to be involved more. I love reading the letters and know he will be a great missionary.

1 comment:

Sara Soda said...

Dang, I'm so sad I missed this day. :( I'm going to miss McKie for sure. And next time there is a family Chuck-a-rama trip, I am definitely bringing the Last clan up there too.