Saturday, July 12, 2008

Independence Day at the Lake






We went up to the Lake for a whole week this time around and spent Independence Day up there. We were able to be with my side of the family the first half of the week, and Nate's family the second half. It was great to be able to spend time with both sides. The kids loved every second of the beach- which means so did I! Nothing is better than happy, and entertained kids! The beach is perfect here because it is so shallow for so far and we don't have to be too concerned about the kids getting too far away in deep water. As long as I had plenty of snacks, a warm towel, and 3 shovels, they all stayed pretty happy. Nate took Nick fishing on Saturday instead of playing with us on the beach and they had so much fun. Nick told me later that night that he had the most fun he has ever had with his dad- and the longest. It was so cute! They caught 8 fish- Nick was happy they didn't get 'skunked' this time.Each day on the beach, Nat came up to me and wanted her towel wrapped around her so she could lay on the sand and take a nap. She slept for at least an hour each day. We had a good time playing 'Bean Ball', eating raspberry Sundaes, and playing Signs. We love going to the Lake and can't wait for next time!

3 comments:

Nielson said...

I love bear lake! Looks like you guys had so much fun!

Kassie said...

It sounds perfect! So true about it the kids are happy so is the mom and I agree, there IS nothing better. Cute Beach Naps...I love it.

Cherish said...

Looks like so much fun! I need to get some good tips from you. We are going next week for our first Bear Lake "adventure"...glad you got to see your families.