Sunday, June 29, 2008

The Great Plan of Happiness

This has been such a crazy month! I can't believe the first month of summer is almost over. As I look back over the month, I can't believe all the many emotions we have experienced as we have watched many of those we love experience births, weddings, and deaths. I had three deaths in 2 weeks that really affected me. I have had had a lot of time to reflect on how short life is and the importance of enjoying every moment we have together. My little Mckay asked Nate and I one day why our eyes were dripping! I love my Mckay! A lot of tears were shed and emotions felt, but I am grateful for my knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that we can be Eternal families. On the other end of the plan, my little sister gave birth to little Scarlett Kate- I now have a name sake. Isn't she beautiful!!
Nate's brother and his wife Kirsty had twins last week! Emma and Jack! They are so adorable. It is so amazing to see two little babies snuggling together. So cute! Way to go Kirsty for keeping them in you for 37 weeks. I am grateful that all the babies were born healthy and are home with their families!

I also had the opportunity to get to know a little girl named Jessie and her family. Though I have never met them, I feel touched to have learned about them and their trials they are experiencing. They have great faith and are keeping a blog about all they are going through so that those who might experience the same thing can have somewhere to turn. Their 5 year old daughter was diagnosed with Rasmussen's Encephalitis. She had to have half of her brain removed a few weeks ago. She is recovering amazingly well. It is amazing that half of a brain can be removed and someone can learn to function again! They have created a fund to help those like Jessie called The Hemispherectomy Foundation. You can click here to find out more.


4 comments:

Nielson said...

That is such a cute thing for McKay to say--I love that.

Heidi said...

You have been busy this month! The story about the little girl is so heart breaking. It definately makes you count your blessings!

Tammy said...

Wow life is so crazy!! I hate to break it to you but you already had a namesake. Emily Kate! Now you have two namesakes you probably already know what a special lady you are!! We need to catch up.
Love you guys!

Jacy said...

Wow, you have had A LOT of emotions goin' on the past month! It's nice to read your post and be reminded of how we all need to reflect on what we have, and also think about love, life, death and what really matters. Thanks for the post!