Saturday, July 12, 2008

Mckay Learns to RIDE!


Mckay learned to ride his 2-wheeler this weekend! He has been so excited about it every morning since. He has had many crashes each day, but it hasn't stopped him. Not even the big fat lip! The first words out of his mouth each day have been "Can I get dressed? I want to ride my bike!" We were out at 7:00 the first morning, and prolonged it to 8:00 the next morning. Today I made him wait until 9:00 to go out and ride. I have to apologize to my neighbors if we woke up their nice children who sleep past 7:00. Way to go Mckay, we are so proud of you!
Now I don't have to buy a double jobbing stroller to go running! He can ride along next to me with Nick and cry as we go up the big hills!! Am I an abusive mother? I figure if I wear them out first thing in the morning, we will all get naps in and have a better day!

9 comments:

Nielson said...

That is so fun! And I think taking your kids out for a bike ride is not even close to being abusive--I'm sure they love every minute of it!

Lindz said...

I love the thumbs up picture!! Way to go Mckay!! =) You're so lucky you only have to push one kid in the stroller now...I just don't even bother working out anymore cuz pushing a double stroller kills me! Ha!

Charlotte said...

That is awesome that he is riding his bike now! Emma still hasn't learned yet, although we haven't even worked on it with her so maybe that would be a good idea! Way to go Mckay!

Charvanv said...

Good job Mckay!

Kassie said...

Cool Mckay!
Are there kids out there that sleep past 7am?

Heidi said...

Good job Mckay! It looks like you guys are having a great summer:)

britta said...

Great Job Mckay!!! Mara has Nat same cute red swimsuit!! It looks like you guys had a great 4th. My cell phone broke and that is the only place I have you phone number. So will you call me. I would really love to talk with you but every time I want to call you I remember I don't have your phone #.

Becky said...

Mckay sounds just like Zach. I have to hold him at bay for hours before he can go outside and ride. He is up by 6 am every morning aching for the outdoors and his bike. Way to go on learning how to ride your bike Mckay, that is the sign of quite a big boy! :o)

Ashley K. said...

Go Mckay! We haven't even got Bae a bike. You are amazing for going running with 3 kids!