Thursday, April 24, 2008

One Wicked Birthday!

New York City 010 New York City 012

For my birthday this year, I went with my family to New York City.  My wonderful hubby stayed home with my babies so I could go have fun!  My mom got us a hotel right in Times Square and our room looked out over the street.  It was very 'swanky.'  Normally, we aren't very excited to have a Street View, but this time- it couldn't have been better.  I love to people watch.  I would just look out the window and couldn't believe the amount of people, cars and shopping.

The first night we went to see Wicked on Broadway.  WOW!  It was amazing!  The cast was wonderful and their voices were perfect.  I would love to be able to sing like that. 

  New York City 017 New York City 057

The next day, we explored the city.  We were so lucky to have such beautiful weather.  We actually got hot and a little sunburned.  We walked through Central Park and it was beautiful.  We ate brunch at Tavern on The Green- mmmmmm!  We went to the Temple, Ground Zero, saw the Statue of Liberty, and Wall Street.

New York City 056New York City 060

We ate lots of yummy food, and of course I spent way too much money shopping.  It was fun to finally see Canal Street.  I couldn't stop laughing at all the freaky guys that kept coming up to us saying, "Rolex, Rolex!  or Versacci, Gucci!"  It was so funny!  They just whisper it in your ear as you walk by as if it is so secretive.  We followed a few of them into there secret rooms- one of them down in the subway and they really did lock the doors behind us.  It was so weird- but I loved experiencing it. I just kept saying, "I can't believe I am really in New York City!" 

New York City 070 New York City 047   

I gave Derek a little make-over the night we went to see Legally Blonde!  What a cute brother I have!  He definitely attracted some "fun" people though with his Tye-Dye peace shirt on!

  New York City 071New York City 074

Nothing could have been better than coming home to my little family.  It was great getting away, but the smiles my kiddos had on their faces when I got home was priceless! 

New York City 077

16 comments:

Ashley Bennion said...

What a blast - It looks like so much fun - I hope you had an awesome birthday. I was just telling Brant last night how awesome I had heard Wicked was. Happy Birthday!!!

Lindz said...

So fun!! I am so jealous that you saw Wicked...I loved it & want to see it again! Can't wait to see all the fun stuff you bought shopping! So cool!! And by the way, I love your new header...you never run out of ideas, do you?!?!? =)

britta said...

I have not seen Derek for years. It blew me away how much he has grown up. He is so tall. I am so glad you had a great b-day!

Becky said...

What an incredible opportunity for you! I am so jealous that you got to see wicked, it is on my list of to dos. Welcome home though, I love the NY tees. :o) Ps. Happy Birthday

Kassie said...

Way FUN Mrs. Kate!!

Tammy said...

I'm not jealous of wicked, all though I do want to see it, but all I can think about is the shopping down on canal street. That's my favorite! It made me giggle to think of you laughing when they come up to you. I can't believe in this crazy world this we will go in a back room for a handbag where they lock us in. I did the same when I was there. I think when I went I came home with way too many bags and had been in way too many back rooms. Like a crack addict. Ha ha. Only with handbags. I miss you so much! I am feeling home sick for Utah and my family there. When I see all the darling pictures of all the babies I just want to squeeze them. Love you! ! !

Heidi said...

I am SOOO jealous! That looks like it was a lot of fun. I wish we could travel like you guys do.

Nielson said...

How fun!!! New York is the funnest place! What a great birthday present. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'm Stef's sister, Jenny. I know, I'm totally a blog stalker! But I just have to say, your blog is the cutest blog ever! Really, so cute, and your family is as well! :)

Ashley K. said...

Happy Birthday girl! I hope that you had fun... it seemed like you were gone forever... with no updates! I love the Canal street stuff too...

Smash

sunshine said...

Sounds like you had a fun bday in the big city!! Happy Birthday Katie!

Naoma said...

Happy belated birthday! I am Jealous!! I want to see wiked and go to NY....So much fun!

TC Jolley said...

I want to see Wicked so badly!!! I'm so jealous! Happy Birthday you deserve all the fun that you had. Your kids are so cute in those t-shirts... oh, and I love the new blog look, you are so talented!

Cherish said...

Wow...what an awesome trip! That sounds like such a fun birthday. You deserve it! Happy very belated birthday :)

Jacy said...

Wow, talk about a fun birthday! I am so jealous! I would LOVE to go to New York City (more than just stopping into the airport for a layover). Love all the pictures!

Charvanv said...

Nat-Nat looks so cute in that picture of your family wearing thoes I love N.Y. shirts.