Thursday, March 6, 2008

Nick is in Charge!


As I was getting the kids ready for bed tonight, Nick found Nate's video on my screen and pushed play (see post below). He soon came running back to me to let me know that he was in charge tonight! Thanks Nate. I was tired, Nate is still at work (gotta love Tax Season), and thought 'hmmm, maybe having Nick in charge wouldn't be so bad!' So he totally took charge! He quickly cleaned up his room so he could have story time. He grabbed the scriptures and actually read to us about Alma and Amulek. I thought he would want me to read it, and he repeat it, but he went word by word sounding each one out! He tried keeping Nat and Mckay quiet while he was reading too. I think they listened to him more than they do to me! He then chose Mckay to say our family prayer and asked him if he needed help. He helped him through the whole thing, and once again, Mckay followed exactly what his big brother said. He took Natalie to bed, tucked her in, and told her a story about an ice princess in the forest. He sang her a couple songs in a voice that sounded like he was trying to imitate me! So cute. He gave her a kiss and said "Good night sweetheart!" He then tucked Mckay in, told him a story about Alphagret the Dragon, and Golden the Dinosaur! Nick has definitely learned some good story telling skills from his daddy! He sang songs, Mckay listened again, and they all fell fast asleep! SO, I think this is going to become a more frequent experience. It was fabulous!!!
I also had to post this cute picture of Nick's creativity. He asked me if he could have a tortilla the other night when I was making dinner. I later found him in his room with the tape in hand, and he had designed some new 'ceiling art' for his bedroom. It is actually still there, but his daddy helped him replace the tortilla pieces with paper. I love my little Nicko!!

12 comments:

Lindsey @ Scarlett James Design said...

That is too precious. Maybe you should leave Nicko in charge everynight. It sounds like they don't really need you around there. HA HA I know that's not true. LOVe YOu

The Kohler Family said...

Hey Katie, I found your blog thru Lindsey Smiths blog. That tortilla story cracks me up! Too cute!

Fackrell Fam said...

How cute was that video from your husband---I am very impressed and a..might be showing that to my husband for a little hint hint!!

Melissa said...

You can do everything!!

Katie, this is the third time I am in love with your creation for my blog! Thank you!!!!! ; )

Elena said...

Can Nick come babysit at our house?

suzanne campbell said...

Oh my heck Katie. What a wonderful video and what a precious boy you have there. Please know how much the Campbell's love you all love Suzanne

Camille said...

Hello Nick--you are a textbook first born child. So cute!

TC Jolley said...

Nick, you ROCK! I love that! He's so cute! I can't believe he's sounding words out already, that is awesome! Congrats on the new little helper :)

sinika said...

When are you going to come running with us? We need to talk more!

britta said...

So cute. I think we will have to use Nick as an example and get
Dallin to be in charge.

Lindz said...

What a great little helper Nick is! You are so lucky and should definitely take advantage of it!

Anonymous said...

I am SO going to try that with Huey. I let you know if I'm as lucky as you. Way to be in charge Nick, and to be so sweet too!