Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick on Spongebob Day


I know that by posting this, many of you will be disappointed to know how well my kids know Spongebob characters, and don't know any other person named Patrick! This morning Nate called the kids to talk and say "good morning." (he left early and the kids are always asking where daddy is if they don't get to say good bye!) When it was Mckay's turn to talk, he told daddy " did you know it is St. Patrick on Spongebob Day?" Somehow the green cereal and the importance that we wear green today didn't give him a clue that today had nothing to do with the star fish Patrick! But, at least I know he highly admires Patrick and thinks it a good idea we have a day to celebrate him. It really makes me think that there are probably a lot of things that I think my children just understand- but really they have no clue what is going on!
For family night tonight, we had our Easter lesson. We were talking about our Savior's life and showing pictures that the kids were familiar with. We then got to the picture of Jesus on the cross and explained to them that he died- that they killed him. It was so sad!! The realization hit home and I was so excited to get to the next part of how he came alive again. I think it clicked with them and hope they felt the spirit I felt that testified of our Savior's love for us. I am grateful for this time of year and the reminder of my Saviour's life, death, and resurrection. I am grateful for the Atonement and that I have been given the opportunity to live with with my Father in Heaven again one day.

3 comments:

Lindsey @ Scarlett James Design said...

Don't you just love being a mom for these moments! You have the cutest kids and I love hearing what they have to say and how they interpret(sp?) things.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ashley Bennion said...

Katie - It is Ashley Nebel Bennion! I found your blog through a couple of links from Keelee's blog. How are you? How is life? Our blog is http://bennybfamily.blogspot.com/ It was fun reading your blog and seeing what you are all up to!