Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Istanbul was Constantinople

Lindsey, Brit, and Houston moved to TURKEY!! Yes, Instanbul, Turkey, that used to be Constantinople. We are so sad to have them gone again. They are still living in a hotel and have yet to see where they will be living for the next few months. It is hard to believe my little sister is living so far away and in such a foreign place. I am STILL trying to get her to start a blog so we can be updated more often and see what it is really like over there. We are praying for you guys and can't wait until we see you again.

Here is a map of that side of the world for all of you who can't remember exactly where Turkey is. Yes, that is IRAQ you see on the border. At least she is on the other side of Turkey in Istanbul, but still. AHHHHH!

7 comments:

kate said...

Hi Kate- That is so far away! I bet it's exciting for them though! My sister served her mission in Sofia, Bulgaria which if you notice is in the upper left hand corner of your map there. I wish them all the best!

-Kate Carter

TC Jolley said...

Yikes!!! I would kill or be killed if my sister moved that far away :( I'm so sorry. And this is to Lyndsey... START A BLOG!

Kassie said...

Why Turkey? That's sad...Nat's picture goes perfectly! And, unlike TC, it might be okay if my sis moved there. Haha JK of course.

britta said...

I can't wait until Saturday either! Don't worry I will come prepared. How long is Lyndsey going to be so far away?

Melissa said...

My brother-inlaw and his wife and three childred were going to move there this summer. They went over checked out the schools and everything. They have decided to postpone. It bet that was so hard for you Katie. It would feel differnet if it were London, still sad, but less worry.
Hopefully she will join in on the blogging world!

Melissa said...

children- yes I can spell, when I am not so tired.

Camille said...

Seriously Linds, start a blog already! I want to hear about your adventures in Turkey!!!

Besides, your sis shouldn't have to update us all on your life adventures!