Friday, February 15, 2008

The Grand America and dead Dinosaurs!



What do 'The Grand America' and Dinosaurs have in common? Nothing really, I just had two thoughts on my mind today, and I am combining them into one!
Yesterday, I had a wonderful LoVE dAy thanks to my cute hubby! He arranged a babysitter and took me to The Grand America for a couple's massage. It was so fabulous. It was so relaxing and fun to be together! Thanks honey, love you!!

Now to the dead dinosaurs. Today I was telling Mckay a story about the jungle. To make a long story short, there were 3 guys, going on an adventure through the jungle. They found a huge purple snake that gave them a ride through the jungle. We were going through all of the animals they saw- talking birds, monkeys, giraffes, alligators, zebras, etc. He added in dinosaurs, and I said, "nope, dinosaurs are dead." He looked at me as if I just told him somebody died. It was so sad. "Dinosaurs are dead?" I am not sure why I felt I needed to break it to him right then, but I did. I explained how there was a big fire and earthquake and how this all happened a long time ago and they all died. He was heartbroken! I guess it is good he figured this out now, and not searching for dinosaurs his whole life, but still I feel like a mean mommy to have to break this to him! I think I am going to have to take him to the Dinosaur Museum in the near future.

5 comments:

Lone Peak Illumination, LLC said...

Only the best for you, Babe. I'm just glad that the pressure of pulling off valentines day is over. I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve for next year. I love you. BTW - its probably my fault that McKay believed so strongly in Dinosaurs with my bedtime stories, and all. He sure is a cute kid, idn't he?

Kassie said...

Couples Massage...aaaahhhh. Isn't it so fun when kids get caught up in what we would consider a minor detail! Poor lil'guy.

Lindsey @ Scarlett James Design said...

Nice Valentines day, Lindsey showed me your blog and I think its cool, I wish she would do one for us, I don't know why she wont. I thought it was cool about the stuff you posted on where we are. Keep working on Linds to do a blog for our family. Your lucky your husband is so good to you, I did nothing for linds on V-day. I suck! But I still love her to death! Well I just thought I would do a post on your blog for you! later alligator as Houston always says.
Britt

TC Jolley said...

Haha! I think my kids think dinosaurs are alive and ticking too! A couple's massage huh? I've always wanted to do that, like in the movies... good job Nate!

little goldies said...

FUN!!! Way to go Nate....