Friday, October 5, 2007

There's No Place Like Home!



We are finally home and happy to be here. Thanks to the 8 days away, I am a bit more patient and trying to enjoy the tantrums and whining. Nate and I had an amazing time away. It ended up being a little longer than expected and as we almost didn't get on the flight home my eyes welled up with tears because I needed my babies! We hiked through a rain forest with swinging bridges, hiked down to a secluded snorkeling cove, and laid by the pool enjoying some yummy drinks and reading our books. It was a little slice of heaven! While I was relaxing and enjoying my peaceful bliss, I couldn't help but notice the adorable children all around (yes they were all extra adorable because I was missing mine!), and think what a better mother I need to be. It is so easy when your not in the thick of it to realize all the things on which need I need to improve upon. It was easy to sit back and watch the parents getting frustrated with their little ones being silly or whiny and think- just calm down. They are just children! So I promised myself that I would say the same to myself daily. That is why a week away on vacation in Maui can be so great. I recommend it to every one! Or just some time away wherever it may be! It is good for the body, mind, soul, and your children!

5 comments:

Elena said...

I'm trying to not be extremely jealous of you. Welcome home. I'm glad you had fun.

Ashley K. said...

Welcome back!!! We should have been there!!! I missed you... call me.

Anonymous said...

It all sounds so unreal! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself and want to be home. It takes a dedicated mom to say that! Can't wait to hear more about the trip.

TC Jolley said...

I'm glad you had a good time! I'm going to say those words to myself everyday too!

Kassie said...

I totally agree... and have to remind myself often too (They are only children). Maui looked awesome!