Monday, October 8, 2007

"Feel Good Foods" and PuMPkiNs

We had a wonderful conference weekend! I am once again motivated to be better in all I do and say! I can't believe how fast conference goes now that I am older and actually internalize what is being said. I truly look forward to hearing the words of our Prophet and Apostles. I am thankful for them and their words of wisdom we received this weekend.
I love this time of year! I was telling Nate the other day that I feel like eating "comfort foods" everyday in the fall. He asked what is "comfort foods?" So I had to explain what "are" comfort foods to my 30 year old husband. For some reason he has never heard this term! As I was explaining, I realized that most everything is a comfort food this time of year because I love food! Ok, not really, but I did have a pretty good list going. Since we have been home from our trip I have made Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars, Apple Crisp, and Peanut Butter Cookies. Yes, I know, so much for eating healthy! Nate keeps asking me "is this a 'feel good' food?" Yeah, I feel pretty good while eating them don't you?!!
I took the kids to a pumpkin patch with my mom and sisters while the guys were at priesthood session. It has become a little tradition and the kids love it. It was rainy and 40 degrees out, but we got some good pumpkins. I had to talk the boys into getting big pumpkins. They only wanted ones that they could carry "all by myself!" 3 little pumpkins on the front porch- doesn't look so good, so I convinced them to get big ones that daddy could help them carve! Hopefully they will appreciate my wisdom when we go to carve them in a few weeks.

5 comments:

Camille said...

Aw, I wanna carve pumpkins with the kids! I love this time of year!

P.S. Have I told that you are amazingly beautiful as a brunette?

TC Jolley said...

It pains me to see you in coats... not actually, it really makes me a little more cocky that I live in Arizona and will not ever need a coat... get back to me in August when my "cockiness level" isn't so high!!!

P.S. Have I told you that you are amazingly beautiful as a brunette?

tiffany marie said...

really, let me know if you need/want anything from H&M. I'll trade you clothes for a cuter blog.

Camille said...

H & M - DO IT Katie!

Breezy said...

Hey Katie! Love your blog :) i am joining the crowd!

http://apeekatcoles.blogspot.com/

It's definately not pro yet but I'll get there ;)

This will be a fun way to keep in touch, ya know since we live SO far away!

Brianna