Friday, August 24, 2007

Preschool


Nick started preschool this week. He was very excited to start and loved that his teacher Mrs. Smart gave him "Smart-ies." I bought him new shoes a year ago and told him they were for school. I think they are still a little big, but there is no stopping him from wearing his new shoes. Mckay and Nat were excited for his first day too.
I used to wonder when I would hear other moms say they cried when their child started kindergarten. I think I am beginning to understand how that can happen. I won't be sad that I will only have 1 child home instead of 3- (Mckay will be in preschool.) I won't be sad that I can go grocery shopping with 1 screaming child instead of 3. I won't be very sad to go running while pushing only 30 pounds up the hill instead of 60 with another child on his bike telling me how DUMB this is! I am thinking that the one thing I will be sad about is that he is growing up and actually going to elementary school. I remember elementary school and I even remember Mrs. Vendevegate my kindergarten teacher. It is kind of sad that he will be going to school with all the big kids and be all by himself for 3 or 4 hours. Real School with the big kids. So maybe next year I will be a little sad the my little boy is growing up, but I will enjoy this year.
I will enjoy the time I have to go grocery shopping with only 2 screaming children instead of 3. And only pushing 60 pounds up the hill with no child yelling at me telling me how dumb this is! I love my children and love that Nate and I just had a Friday Night Date. Love Friday nights dates. Love babysitters too!! Love to come home to my children happily tucked in bed and asleep and I didn't do it!! I love my family, but a little free time is always welcome!

1 comment:

Jacy said...

I'm so happy for your date night! Isn't it crazy how much we appreciate those things now? I'm also excited (and maybe a little bit jealous) that you are going to have two in school! I can see that it's sad, but yet so good!