Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Life Savers



The other night we were at a party with the kids. They were all downstairs playing with toys and the boys kept bringing spiders, dinosaurs, and cars upstairs to show us. Natalie was bringing up baby dolls, my little ponys and kitchen things. How does that happen? It just goes to show how we were all created and our natural God given instincts. So I was feeling bad that Nat really doesn't have many girl toys. She is generally playing with cars, dinosaurs, and all the other boy toys we have. We went to Walmart today to remedy this problem. I couldn't just get her a toy without the boys getting one so I let them all pick out something small. Nick and Mckay decide on light sabers. We don't have those around as of yet because of the hitting issue, but I couldn't say no. I told Nick to call Nate and ask. Here is how the conversation went:

Nick: Dad, can I get a light saver
Dad: What does mom say
Nick: Ask Dad
Dad: Sure, life savers sound good.
Nick: K- catch ya later!

Seriously- he said that. Catch ya later?!! I promise I don't say that- he gets it from his dad. He was quick and to the point too- just like his dad! I did have to fill Nate in on the fact that we were buying light sabers not life savers. The boys have not hit each other nor anyone else as of yet, but it has only been one night. As you can see they have been threatened. I did get Nat a little pony too, but she wasn't that excited about it. She is having a grumpy week! Hopefully it is only a week.

3 comments:

Jacy said...

I LOVE that your boys are sleeping with their light savers!!!! That is so boyish and cute! : )
Also, Brody has the exact opposite problem as Natalie. He mostly just has all of Jada's old baby toys. For his bday we'll have to buy him some trucks and dinosaurs and things!

Ashley K. said...

Ditto Jacy... I am sure that we will run in to that problem with Bailey and Davis. That is too cute Kate! I love your kids!

TC Jolley said...

Katie... your blog is cute! Your kids are cute! I'm catching up and keeping up with the Delahunty's! Anyway, I started a blog, it's not very creative but I'm learning! Come visit... www.jolleygoodday.blogspot.com
"catch ya later!!!!!"