Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nick's Baptism


Nick was baptized on Saturday, November 13th, 2010 at our Stake Center.  It was such a special day and I am so grateful he chose to be baptized.  He has been looking forward to this day for a long time.  Our Bishop, Bishop Vance, has been asking him for a while "What is more important than being 8?  Being Worthy."  Nick has been repeating this over and over and truly was worthy to be baptized.  He also recieved the gift of the Holy Ghost and was given a special blessing by Nate.  We had lots of loved ones with us that day and over for lunch afterward.  Nick told me that it feels really good and special to have the Holy Ghost.  I am excited to have another member of our family with that special gift. 

 Nate and Nick headed up to the church early to get ready to go.  As Nat, Mckay, Olivia, and I were headed up later, we were talking some about baptism and what a special day it was for Nick.  Mckay told me he was excited because now Nick could never be mean to him again!  Later at the baptism we were watching a video about the Saviors life and the miracles that he performed.  Mckay leaned over to me and asked, "will I be able to that when I grow up?"  I told him that he would have that same power if he was worthy to hold the priesthood.  How awesome that we have the priesthood power on the earth.  The same power to perform miracles that our Savior did.  I am grateful for the priesthood and that Nate honors his priesthood.  I am grateful that Nate was able to baptise Nick and confirm him a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 






4 comments:

Ashley K. said...

Congrats Nicko! We are so proud of you.

Delahunty Family said...

Congrats Nick! Sorry we missed it, we are excited for you and happy with the decision you made to be baptized.

Lindz said...

Your kids are so darn cute! Nick looks so big in that picture in his suit! He is so handsome!! :) Tell him Congrats for us....wish we could've been there!

Lindsey @ Scarlett James Design said...

Still hope you have forgiven me for missing it! Nick looks so HANDSOME in his suit!! Love the pinstripes. Your family photos is Gorgeous too!