Friday, November 19, 2010

Addicted

well, not me, but I could be!   Ever since I have known Nate, he has had this little love, okay, big love, for Mountain Dew.  It has turned into a love affair for Diet Mountain Dew.  He is happy to wake up in the morning and pour a nice big glass of it, and just before bed have a nice cold one.  As well as all through the day.  It could be worse! Right?  I just could never understand it.  He would prefer to have some DMD instead of ice cream at night!  I don't get that!  It would be better calorie wise I'm sure, but I don't know if anything beats a bowl of ice cream after the kids are asleep at night!
So, in most cases- I don't like soda.  I like Rootbeer floats, and I like Fresca- especially mixed with Grapejuice.  But it all makes me burp... like instantly....  and I just prefer water.  I've tried liking Diet Coke because all the skinny people seem to have a diet of Diet Coke and Chocolate Chips.  I just can't get my taste buds to like it though.  So- back to Mountain Dew.  I like the taste of it.  It started with taking swigs of it when there was nothing else to drink.  Lately it has gotten more frequent though.  Like- When Nate gets home from work with his drink on ice and it looks so good. 

Well, today, after breakfast, I had a break through.  Not in a good way though.  I was doing the dishes, puting the milk away, and saw the Mountain Dew in the fridge.  I wanted it!  I wanted to pour myself a glass and drink it.  It was 8:00 in the morning.  Whoa!  How did this happen.  Nate is in so much trouble.  Luckily, I held strong and didn't give in.  Right next to it was the carton of Dark Chocolate Almond Milk, which I really like, and I poured myself a bit of that instead.  It satisfied, for now.  I hope I can hold out and not start down the slippery road of DMD addiction. 
(I texted Nate and told him what had happened.  I know he is secretly hoping I will share in his addiction someday!) 

4 comments:

Lindz said...

LOL!! You are so funny! I love all the blog updates....I feel like I am your neighbor again being updated on your life (well sorta)! Watch out or you will get addicted to the chocolate milk! HA! Olivia is so cute in that white rocking chair...she looks so much like Natalie! And I love your colorful dishes!! :)

Lindsey @ Scarlett James Design said...

Love the new plates.... but wait. DIET MTN DEW! SICK!! I haven't heard of this Almond MILK!! Do I need it??

Nielson said...

That is so funny! I hope you can hold strong--or maybe just give in?? Does it matter?? Although, if I have to choose--ice cream always wins!

Charlotte said...

I didn't know you liked the dark chocolate almond milk!!!