Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

We had a great Halloween! The kids loved Trick-or-Treating and thankfully the rain came and ended the candy collecting earlier than last year. Seriously, last year, Nate took the kids out for at least 3 hours! WHAT?!! I started to wonder if something tragic had happened!

This year, we decided to offer to buy the kids candy. I thought it would never work, but it was the best idea. They came home and we let them eat what they wanted, and then made the offer. They agreed to choose 5 more pieces and then say good bye to the rest! We went the next day to let them pick out the new toy of their choice to buy with their money. It worked out great and now I have loads of candy to secretly eat all to myself! Oh great- maybe not such a great idea!!
Nick decided to be Iron Man this year along with hundreds of others.
Mckay was our cute little Batman who didn't want to wear his mask or cape!
And Natalie wanted to be something different every time we dressed up. Once a lady bug, then a Supergirl (from last year), and then a pirate at the next party!

We met at my parents before the trick-or-treating for dinner with all the grand kids. My parent's neighbors had amazing decorations this year. They had about 20 full size freaky monsters set up around their house. Luckily we went when it wasn't too dark and not too scary for the kids.

7 comments:

Lindz said...

What a great idea about buying the kids candy!! I sware if I could get away with it, I would've been out trick or treating myself this year!! =) I love that Nat changed her costume 3 times...typical girl!!

Naoma said...

I love that Natalie was something else for each occassion, she is so incredibly cute!! Your boys were cute too... But I have to say that you and your hubby take the cake, I LOVED your costumes!

Cameron and Michelle said...

cute costumes!! You and Nate looked awesome! You have to check out Cam's outfit. He was out of control. I tried to look at your cute blog designs but didn't know it was private. Could I get an invitation? I love looking at your ideas you are sooo creative. Also I don't know if I ever told you but I loved Addison's invite-so cute. I never made Kade one because I was sick of all of them and your's was so unique. I loved the double side. Thanks

Ashley K. said...

Love all of Nat's costumes! We went to my old house too. Only it was dark! We went inside and snooped around. :)

Nielson said...

Those are cute costumes--and that house looked scary!!! Your kids are so brave... :)

Brooke said...

They are soo cute!! Natalie is hilarious! Good thing you were prepared!

The Kohler Family said...

I love the kids doing their super hero flying poses! TOo cute!