Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tender Moments

Today, as I was getting Nick ready for school, he was having a difficult time being nice! He was just grumpy and it was one of those days. He didn't want to do anything I said. He broke down crying when I fixed his hair saying that it hurt! I am not sure what he would do if he had long girl hair! I am sure it didn't help that our kitchen is in shambles and there are workers here and I am a little anxious about my cabinets! (so maybe Nick was having a difficult morning because of me?!!) As we were driving up to school, he and Mckay were battling about the front seat and I was trying to calm them down because I didn't want him to go to school upset. As soon as we pulled up, I told him I love him and have a good day. He always leans over to give me a kiss and hug. Today he just opened the car door and got out! SAD!!! He started walking up the hill and I have to admit I really was sad that he just left like that. About half way up the hill, he turned around and came back. He opened the door and gave me a hug and said "I love you!" It really did melt my heart. I love my little Nick. He is really growing up though!

This picture is with his friend Andrew. He would be happy to play with him all day every day. I love this picture of them being Army men. My boys are very into Army men lately. The other day we were at Costco and Mckay said "mom, there's an army man." I stopped and looked back on the ground thinking we had dropped a toy army man. Nope- right behind me was a "real" army guy looking at me. He asked if everything was okay as he noticed I was looking at him. I had to explain the infatuation with army men and he was very polite. I am very grateful to all those who serve our country, but I don't know if I could handle having one of my own out there!

13 comments:

The Kohler Family said...

How sweet!

sunshine said...

Love your blog!!

Ashley K. said...

That is really sweet Kate. I was getting sad for you... so glad that he turned around and came back! So sweet...

Cherish said...

I hate those kind of days...glad he came back to hug you. What a cute boy!
Alyssa came home from school today and told me she loves Nick because he is always so nice to her and today he gave her part of his apple. I'm glad that they are friends.

Charlotte said...

That is such a good story. What a sweet boy.

Marti said...

What a sweet heart! He's the kind of boy you want your daughter to marry...because he loves his mother! Sorry...don't think about him gettting married yet!

Elisabeth said...

Awww, how sweet. We have those mornings too around here. I'm so glad Andrew has Nick as his friend. Andrew can't go a day without playing with him otherwise he misses him.

britta said...

This saturday is my Marathon in St. George. So how about next weekend?

britta said...

We went through Rexburg on our way to Yellowstone over labor day weekend. It was so fun to go.

Jacy said...

So cute! It's sad when they have these "grown-up" moments... good thing he came back. : ) One time Jada wouldn't give me kisses in front of her friends and it made me really sad. : (

Your blog looks adorable!

britta said...

I miss you!! What are you doing this week?

britta said...

Will you tell Lindsey to invite me to her blog? I want to peek in on her.

Nancy Zundel said...

Cute story Katie. I love the new blog design...you are WAY to creative!