Monday, September 22, 2008

My Handy Man!

Once again I have been reminded how much I love my husband! This last week we have been doing a bit of redecorating. Painting, hanging new lights, mirrors, and moving furniture. I feel like we moved out and now we are slowly moving back in. One night as Nate was taking on another of my projects, I couldn't help but laugh at the scene! Nothing like tearing a mirror off the wall if you haven't done it. Nate is so creative and taped it up so it wouldn't shatter into too many pieces all over. It was still a big mess and the wall had to be repaired before hanging up the new circle mirror. The next day when the workers were here and observing his work, they started laughing. They told us that we could have just put some special liquid behind the mirror and it would have just come right off! Nice to know now!!
I am so grateful to have a husband who usually knows how to do anything I need done, and if he doesn't know, he will figure it out. I am grateful to have my own personal handy man!

7 comments:

Nielson said...

That is so weird that your mirrors were glued on--that must have been a major pain!! And I can't wait to see your transformations, either you need to post them or I am coming over (soon)!!!

Elisabeth said...

Dale and I were just talking about how we were going to get our huge mirror's down. We would have done it exactly like Nate did it. Like yours, ours are glued as well. We will have to get that special liquid...how does that work since the mirror are already glued to the wall? hum...

Ashley K. said...

I can't wait to see the finished products! Take pics and post them please!!!

p.s. love the shades! Ha ha!

rachel said...

so is the painting done?! I can't wait to see it. Sorry to hear about the mirrors... we have taken 2 down... not biggie. I guess whoever put ours up was lazy and didn't use as much glue.

Kassie said...

Definately Ingenious!

Kassie said...

Definately Ingenious!

suzanne campbell said...

We need to see pictures of the new redo and mirror. I can't wait to see your kitchen cabinets love Suzanne