Saturday, November 21, 2009

Greece!



Nate and I had the opportunity to go to Athens, Greece, and visit my sister and her cute family. We has such a fun time. It was truly amazing to be there and see such an ancient part of our world. Thanks to our families for making it possible for Nate and I to go with out the kids. We spent a week in Greece, and then flew to Paris for a day on the way home.

Athens is so crowded everywhere you go. I am so impressed with Lindsey that she dares to drive anywhere, and how well she does it. I think if I had to drive there, I would be stuck inside all day- or just walking. The streets are so crowded with card parked on both sides and motorcycles everywhere. In just the week I was there, we hit a car when turning a corner, and got hit by a motorcycle while driving down the road. We just kept going in both cases!
We went shopping at the Plaka a few times. It is streets and streets of shopping in the shadows of the Acropolis.
We went to the ancient city of Corinth. There was this amazing castle built above the city.
These are the old pillars of the Temple Apollo.
Nate had has most favorite Gyro in Greece at this cute little cafe, Gemelos. The owner was there and his name was Nick-o. He gave us a large bag of clementines to take with us.
This is me with little Scarlett at Syntagma Square. Every hour they have soldiers do a routine and a solute to the 'lost soldier.'
Lindsey and I at an old church on the side of the Acropolis. The acoustics in this church were amazing and I couldn't help but start singing. You know, the Ariel type of song! There was a man posted outside the church who quickly came in, and asked Nate what I was doing. He replied, "singing." The man asked "why? Is she a singer." Nate said, "nope, she just thinks she sounds pretty." Lindsey and I couldn't stop laughing. The man wasn't very happy with us!
Nate and I on Mars Hill. This is where the Apostle Paul taught his famous speech about "the unknown God."
Sitting on top of the Acropolis looking over the city of Athens. There are 6 million people just in the city of Athens.
The Parthenon.
The stairs to the Propylaea
Looking over a beautiful Ampitheater.

1 comment:

Darcy said...

OH WOW! What a fun and exciting trip! All that history... so cool!