Monday, November 2, 2009

We made it to 5!



Mckay Day One
18 months old


Mckay turned 5 today! I have to say that we had a pretty good day. I think he had a total of one tantrum. Yep, still having those. Maybe 5 is going to be great for him?! Hoping!!! I love my little Mckay. I made him breakfast in bed, we played with his new guys and shark boat, and then spent a few hours at the park. We had some tuna fish sandwiches together, watched a movie, and then he spent the afternoon playing with friends. I made him his favorite Chicken and Rice for dinner with green jello. It took a bit to talk him into that instead of Mac and Cheese, but after I told him he didn't have to eat the peas with his dinner, he was sold.

We had a Birthday Party for Mckay on Halloween. We searched for eyeballs through brains, went on a treasure hunt, had mummy dogs and Slime juice for lunch, and ate a Spider Cake. It was a fun party!
Things Mckay loves:
Guns
Swords
Star Wars
Mac and Cheese
Go-Gurts
His new bike
Making his bed every morning right when he wakes up (Really, he does!)
Wearing Snow Boots all the time
Figuring out Songs on the Piano
Snuggling with mom in the wee hours of the morning

I am grateful for my Mckay! Happy Birthday little buddy!

5 comments:

Ashley K. said...

Happy Birthday Mckay! What a cute post Kate.

Lindz said...

Happy Birthday Mckay!! Can't believe he is 5!! His birthday party looks like so much fun! And do they really still throw tantrums at 5?!?! Oh great!! =)

Nielson said...

Happy Birthday to him! I can't believe he's 5 either! Time goes by way too fast. Looks like a fun party--those halloween ones are always the best!

Kirsti said...

Happy Birthday to McKay! (I also can't believe he's 5!!) I love the pic of him at 18 months. So cute.

Elisabeth said...

Mckay!He so cute.

Eva loved the birthday party. She told me about all the fun!