Thursday, May 14, 2009

Wedding Day




The cousins



My little brother Derek and Jenny got married over the weekend. We are so happy for them. They got married at the Draper Temple and it was beautiful. It was so neat to be in the temple as a whole family and see them sealed together for all Eternity!
The day turned out so great and we only had a few melt downs! I was one of them! Thanks to the gentle and wise words of my father, it wasn't too big of a melt down on my part and I didn't mess up my make up!

Last week as Natalie and I were the only ones up eating cereal together, we had a little prayer before we ate. I said it, but just before I ended, Natalie said "mom, tell Jesus that I don't ever want to grow up!" So, I said "Heavenly Father, we are so thankful for Natalie and what a good little girl she is." ( Thinking to myself that I can't ask him to make her never grow up.) Nat then said, "No, mom. Tell Jesus that I don't ever want to grow up!" So, I did! I really do wish she would never grow up. I guess I should stop telling her that because maybe she will have some weird psychological issues over that some day?!

Nate and I were talking the other day about all the little naughty things the kids do (peeing outside in a bucket to make Gatorade to sell the the kids, potty talk(really why is the word fart so funny?)tantrums, fighting, etc!) and how big they seem right now. If only in 10 years we had these little problems and not the real life altering issues. If only Natalie really could just stay 3 forever. I can only hope and pray that one day we will be celebrating her wedding in the temple and have all of our family there together. What an amazing day that will be!

13 comments:

britta said...

How awesome to all be in the temple together. I miss you!
brit

lindsey v said...

I cannot believe all those little blonde kids! That is the cutest thing I've ever seen!

Elisabeth said...

Love the wedding colors...heard about the peeing in a bucket...I too am desperately holding on to these early years why do they grow so fast?

Whitney said...

What a happy special day for your family. I love the colors, you all look great. If life could only stay simple. It is fun to see a wedding at a new temple. Neat.

Lindz said...

Such cute pictures...you all look great and the cousins pictures are adorable!! =) And the invitation is really cute....I am sure you made that, right?!?!? =)

TC Jolley said...

Katie, where has the time gone? Are our younger siblings really old enough to get married???!!! Congrats to you and your family.

Brooke said...

Such cute pics!! I love the outfits!

Stacey said...

What great pictures, and such a cute family, and all the cousins together, etc. :) Love the part about your kids & the funny things they do. Yep, been there! And I agree, I can only hope that they always stay close to the gospel and make good choices. It's sometimes scary being a parent and just hoping that you teach them right. And they all grow up so fast! Our baby is going to be 4 years old in just a couple weeks! Where does the time go?! :)

Nielson said...

I love weddings! And how funny, I always tell my kids not to grow up too--maybe I should take it down a notch :)

britmellen said...

What a beautiful day! Thanks for posting pics--your fam looks gorgeous!

Sam and Shauna said...

Derek and Jenny look so happy together. She looks beautiful! I love the pictures. That is really neat to be married in the new Draper temple.

Ashley K. said...

Congrats Derek! What a great day. The pics are beautiful... miss you. Call me!

Ash

britta said...

How was your run this morning?