Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Words of Wisdom



Last night we had Nate's Grandparents over for "Thanksgiving" dinner. It was really fun to have them here. The kids were so polite during dinner- just sat and actually ate and listened. That does not happen at our too often- I am thinking they need to come more often. Grandpa told us all about growing up in Australia and how part of the family came to the US during WWII.
After dinner, Grandma shared her favorite scripture with us. It was Ecclesiastics 3:1-8. It talks about there being a time and a season for all things. Grandpa talked about how when you are young, time seems to fly by so fast. It is important to let the little ones, be little and enjoy there childhood. Soon it will be gone. He told Nate and I to enjoy this time we have with the kids being little and having them in our home. Soon they will be gone and it will be just us. He said how time seems to be moving so slow now that they are older. I was so touched by his words and the reminder to enjoy my life right. It isn't always easy to enjoy 3 little ones day after day, but I know this time will pass and I will miss it!
I am grateful we had the chance to have them out and it made me wish we lived closer to my grandparents and could have them in our lives more.
Hopefully grandma and grandpa Delahunty will come out again and share more words of wisdom with us.

6 comments:

Charlotte said...

That is a good reminder. Thanks!

Stacey said...

What a sweet reminder, and sounds like you had a great time with them. I agree that times like that make you really miss family, and wish you were able to be around them more. There are many days that I wish we were back in Utah, close to family. But we will just have to cherish those times that we DO have with them. :)

Kirsti said...

What a neat experience!

Lindz said...

How cute Nate's grandparents are!! What a great lesson...I wish they would come visit me...that is the exact lesson I need to hear right now! =)

Whitney said...

What a great experience, those things are so important to do, Family is everything!

Lori said...

Wow Time really does fly I can't believe my baby just got baptised and my and Logan is 16. It seems to me you know how to enjoy your little ones! You are an ispiration to me Love you, auntie Lori