Friday, May 2, 2014

North Shore Oahu

We rented a Beach House on Bathtub beach on the North Shore of Oahu.  Just Nate and I, and Char and Rick and it was such a great week.  This was the view from our backyard.  So beautiful!



We were right across the street from the Polynesian Cultural Center and of course BYU Hawaii. 

We ate some YUMMY food while we were there.  This salad was one of our favorites. 
This freaky little centipede was my bed friend one night!  AHHH!  I was sound asleep when I started feeling a painful sting in my shoulder every time I moved.  Then the painful sting was on my chin.  It woke me right up! I flew out of bed and we found this crawling down the sheets. Needless to say,  I had a rough time sleeping the rest of the night!
 

This was my breakfast each morning!  Complete with POG juice.  I've made it several times since and it takes me right back.
Charlotte and I just after we saw lots of sea turtles in the ocean.
Eating at Waimea Bakery.  Life is Good!

My favorite flower on our hike to Waimea Falls.  Such a gorgeous walk up to the falls. 




Beautiful hike up to some falls behind BYU Hawaii.  It was a long hike and we never made it to the falls.  LAME!  It was a pretty hike though and a good work out for the day! 
 
Char and I waiting for shrimp from Giovanni's Shrimp truck.  It was yummy but our favorite food truck was the Thai food one next door.

Waikiki Beach
The last day we went and did a session at the Temple.  I love being able to see the different temples as we travel. 


No comments: