Friday, September 10, 2010

I Want to be a Mermaid


Natalie has decided that when she grows up, she wants to be a mermaid. Whenever she is in the tub or swimming pool, she will do a 'mermaid' move and be sure I see it. She has no desire to be a nurse, or teacher, or flight attendant or waitress (like me. I wanted to be a waitress, or a checker at the grocery store!). Just a mermaid.

Today we were watching the US Open and I said "Maybe one day you will be a tennis player and be in the US Open."
She looked at me and said "No. I am going to be a mermaid. If I don't grow a fin, then I will just be a mom!"
Seriously. How dissapointing to not grow a fin and just have to be a mom! She hasn't even seen the movie Splash yet. Wait until she sees the beautiful Daryl Hannah fall in love with Tom Hanks. She is going to be praying every day that her fin starts growing.
One day we are going to have to have the conversation that being a mom isn't so bad and that we can still play mermaids in the tub or swimming pool whenever we get the chance. That being a mom is truly the most wonderful and fulfilling adventure she will take on in this life.
I love my little Natalie and pray that one day she will be grateful her fin never grew!

7 comments:

Delahunty Family said...

That's pretty cute! Funny I also wanted to be a cashier because I thought you got to keep all the money people were handing you! I actually did get to be a cashier and it really wasn't that great!

Lindz said...

YAY for all your updates!! :) Natalie is so stinkin cute!! And I am in love with your new header too.....does that mean you got all the pics back from your photographer?? I am dying to see them....those pics are great! :)

Ashley K. said...

I agree with Lids, the header is adorable. I want one. You are such a babe. Call me. I miss you. I need to vent about my fatness...

Sam and Shauna said...

Natalie kills me! She is so adorable. I love the pictures of Olivia and Chewy. I remember the first day of school being so much fun. It's fun to see all these updates on your blog :)

Kirsti said...

Natalie is the sweetest little girl ever. I hope Emma ends up just like her.

Nielson said...

How funny! It would be fun to be a mermaid...but it's fun to be a mom too :)

Darcy said...

So cute. I love Splash!