Thursday, August 20, 2009

1st DAY of 1st Grade

Sighhhh.. . Summer is over and school is here. We had such a fun summer, but I do have to say I love Fall. I love the excitement of school starting, wearing a jacket and jeans, and the leaves changing.
It's hard to believe my little Nick is in 1st grade. He was so excited for his 1st day today. He loves his teacher Mrs. Richins and is excited to have so many friends in his class. Last night at the open house, he and Will chose desks right next to each other. We told them that wasn't a good idea, but they insisted. They are still sitting next to each other at the end of day one. We will see how long that lasts. It was fun to have just 2 at home today. Mckay was my little buddy, and also very good at playing with Nat. I have to admit I am a little excited for preschool to start in a week! 2 hours twice a week to myself, hmmmm. Whatever will I do with myself!

11 comments:

Lindz said...

Nick looks so big on his first day!! =) I am so jealous of your free 2 hrs twice a week....where are Mckay and Nat going to preschool??

Ashley K. said...

I love Nick's spiked hair and stylin' shirt! How fun for you to have some time to yourself... it will go way to fast I am sure. Miss you...

Lindsey @ Scarlett James Design said...

O I love NICKO! I wish I was there to help you occupy those two free hours...:)

britta said...

Miss you kate!!! Come see me!!! Come move by me!!! Have a great time with your 2 free hours a week.

britta said...

Did Ashley move to Uraguay?

Heidi said...

What will you do with 2 free hours... come to lunch with me of coarse! What time do you get those 2 hours of bliss? We should bring Charlotte too=)

Nielson said...

He looks so excited! How fun--and it will be so nice for you to have that break--I would probably just lay on the couch the whole time, but I'm sure you'll find something more productive to do :)

Naoma said...

What a cute kid! I love fall too, as an adult it has become my favorite time of the year. Hope you enjoy those 4 hrs a week all to yourself!!

Whitney said...

Nick looks so grown up, first grade is so fun!Have fun with your free time, wish I was there right next door or even around the corner, it would be fun!!!

Darcy said...

Preschool will be a nice break for you. I like fall for the clothing options as well!

lindsey v said...

It's so fun that Ben and Nick are in the same class! Ben was excited to see that there were some kids that he knows. Will was in his class last year and he knows Nick from church. Little first graders!!! I can't believe it.

Oh and Lindsay Nielson - your comment was too funny!